Project Specialist: Digital Marketing
Coordinator: Design and Communication
Salary: This is a full time 12 month position with an annual salary of $53,624.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will create and publish marketing and sales campaigns across multiple platforms for a variety of projects primarily focused on educational events, products, and professional learning. Objectives include building and engaging a following on multiple platforms and driving revenue for the Curriculum & Instruction Department of Region 13.
- Solid understanding of major social media platforms, web content management systems (CMS), email and marketing automation practices
- Experience creating engaging marketing campaigns from sales materials and marketing emails to social media posts and blogs
- Experience managing paid digital marketing campaigns (social media, Google Ads, etc.) and creating and analyzing reports leveraging digital or social marketing data
- Experience creating and editing copy and graphics for multi-channel use
- Adept at working on simultaneous projects at different stages
- Adept at working with multiple teams in multiple content types and areas
- An MS Office pro, especially in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience building audiences across various digital platforms
- Experience tracking performance indicators and is knowledgeable on marketing reporting and analytics best practices.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English preferred)
- Experience in education, education systems, or teaching experience (preferred but not required)
- Ability to concisely report on the results of marketing campaigns
- Communicate clearly in all client interactions, including email, phone, and face-to-face, and virtual meetings
- Excellent editorial skills, including writing, editing, and copy editing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; advanced skills in Word and PowerPoint preferred; additional experience with InDesign is a plus
- Understanding of social media engagement practices; competency with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, etc., and an appreciation for how brands are engaging audiences on mobile social channels
- Knowledge of digital marketing and social media metrics; experience with basic analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Knowledge of social media advertising strategy and implementation
- Ability to use design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator and InDesign
- Basic understanding/foundational knowledge of User Experience (UX) design and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS and can build and edit basic web components
- Enjoys working with a team to collaborate
- Is adept at prioritizing between various tasks and projects based on teams' needs and respective workflow
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the customer journey and how to effectively communicate with and engage customers
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing and sales campaigns for the Curriculum & Instruction Department and teams
- Help develop strategic resources for departmental email campaigns, blog posts, print materials, website copy, social media content, and various reports.
- Assist in developing and writing copy for blogs, websites, email campaigns, etc.
- Design and manage components of events and campaigns, including onsite communication, social and email marketing strategy, marketing materials and collateral, etc.
- Create and manage a social media content program and editorial calendar mapping to a digital marketing strategy for Curriculum & Instruction
- Maximize departmental social network interaction daily to build and keep communities engaged – responding to posts regularly, while maintaining the voice of the brand
- Use analytics and other metrics to monitor, evaluate and share interactivity and reporting data to inform social strategy and campaign stats regularly
- Assists with creating a content marketing style guide for projects
- Ensures content maintains Region 13 brand guidelines
- Adapts legacy/evergreen content to current brand guidelines
- Execute on marketing strategy through paid search and paid social channels
- Optimize campaigns through rigorous testing with a focus on improving efficiency
- Develop project schedules, track project progress, and create internal and external status updates
- Works closely with Coordinator of Design and Communication and Marketing Team to ensure fidelity of messaging and cohesion of strategy
- Work with in-house design and production teams to assist with visual concepts, photos, multimedia, and illustrations as needed
- Research tech market, trends, and topics to understand what's important to the client (messaging) and the client's audience (solutions)
- Provide outstanding customer service to all Region 13 clients; look for opportunities to add value
- Assesses and contributes to and maintain a library of sales and marketing content for Curriculum & Instruction events, products, and services
- Strategize various aspects of content to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and other metrics
- Works well independently and as a part of a team and can collaborate to ensure the best results are achieved
The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required.