Division: Academic Services Suggested Salary: $20 - $25 per item
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Work independently under the supervision of the TEKS Resource System Mathematics Content Coordinator (and/or Program Manager) to develop Mathematics formative assessment items aligned to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for Mathematics. Each item developed will be aligned to specific grade level standard(s) and unit expectations in TEKS Resource System. This includes creating and writing original formative assessment items that may require original artwork and/or graphics. Each item requires a rubric and a sample student response.
· Texas Teacher Certification (required)
· Bachelor's degree in education or Mathematics related field (required)
· Master's degree in curriculum, instruction, and assessment or Mathematics related field (preferred)
· Five years Mathematics classroom teaching experience (required)
· Experience with assessment writing (preferred)
Special Knowledge & Skills:
· Comprehensive content knowledge that spans multiple grade-levels
· Knowledge of Mathematics TEKS that spans multiple grade-levels
· Comprehensive knowledge of effective assessment writing
· Knowledge of current assessment trends
· Exceptionally strong command of the English language including conventions of grammar and mechanics with strong revising and editing skills
· Knowledge of item formatting and style associated with accountability testing in Texas
· Knowledge of applicable copyright and fair use regulations for educational assessment
· Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (required) and other online technologies such as Sharepoint and One Drive (preferred)
· Knowledge and skills in conducting research to verify accuracy of grade level content and related strategies in Mathematics
Major (Essential) Responsibilities and Duties: (Include supervisory responsibilities, fiscal responsibility, extent of public contact and consider other duties and responsibilities.)
1. Serve as a representative of ESC Region 13, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with other members of the educational community and with the public.
2. Create and write original drafts of the TEKS Resource System assessment items.
3. Collaborate with Mathematics Coordinator and/or Program Manager regarding development and constructive feedback.
4. Revise and edit writing with strong attention to detail.
5. Revise any returned items according to feedback prior to completion of the contract.
6. Clearly communicate progress regarding development efforts including timelines, areas of concern, and potential solutions to the Mathematics Coordinator and/or Program Manager.
7. Reliably meet deadlines and deliver quality products.
8. Work productively in a virtual environment with reliance on video conferencing, email, and phone as primary forms of communication.
9. Attend, as necessary, all meeting/trainings which may be delivered in-person, online/video, and/or by phone.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
· A PC computer
· Internet Explorer
· MS Word
· A computer for virtual meetings
· Periodic online trainings and/or meetings may be required
· Hearing, speaking, visual acuity
· Adherence to and flexibility with required deadlines
· Maintain emotional control
· Ability to sit at a desk and/or work on computer for prolonged periods
The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required.