A thorough and thoughtful classroom management plan is the foundation of every successful classroom. Whether you are a novice CTE teacher struggling with classroom management or you already have a plan in place, this course will teach you how to create a classroom management plan that will drive your students and classroom to success.
This five-part series is designed to help you:
- Determine your role in changing classroom behavior
- Create a physically and emotionally safe classroom
- Use the brain-based evidence behind classroom management
- Develop a strong classroom management plan and syllabus
- Plan for the first days of school
- Address CTE specific classroom safety concerns
Two books supplement this course. The first book is The Classroom Management Book by Harry Wong who is known as “Mr. Practicality for his common sense, research-based, no cost approach to managing a classroom for high level student success.” The second book is Discipline in the Secondary Classroom by Randall Sprick which is filled with “helpful advice based on the latest educational research as well as scores of useful tips gathered from successful classroom teachers.”
- This course also consists of assignments to be completed throughout.
- The online course content is presented through internet investigations, Flash-based learning activities, and self-assessments.
- This course is offered by the Educator Certification Program at Education ServiceCenter Region 13, in Austin, Texas.
Learn the best practice classroom management strategies
Help your career and technology education class succeed by learning the classroom management strategies you'll need.
Need to get in touch?
Contact a member of our team for more information.
Megan Wilky, 512-919-5120