In The Mindful Writing Series, educators will engage in the nine attitudinal factors of mindfulness (Jon Kabat-Zinn) in order to learn strategies for helping students relieve writing anxieties and build self-compassion, stamina, and self-efficacy in writing practice. In each session, learners will create intentions, practice mindful breathing, and write from the mindset of non-judging, patience, a beginner’s mind, trust, non-striving, acceptance, letting go, gratitude, and generosity. Participants will leave with mindful writing activity tools for instructional application.
“Curiosity in Research”
In this workshop, participants will:
- analyze the relationship between mindfulness, curiosity, and research.
- explore authenticity and its connection to learning.
- understand the role of mindfulness, play, and flow in a research unit.
- engage in a mindfulness activity.
- engage in a mindful writing activity.
- use a digital interactive tool to support tapping into students’ curiosity through questioning.