This course introduces educators to four different reading and writing strategies that may be used across all content areas and grade levels. You will learn engagement practices, scaffolding practices and check for understanding practices to help meet the needs of all learners.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the need for students to engage in reading and writing in all academic areas.
- Have strategies to encourage students to read and write in all content areas.
- Know how and when to use scaffolds and other instructional practices for reading and writing in your lesson plan design.
- Explain how reading and writing play an important role in the academic development of students in my classes.
- Identify areas where reading and writing strategies can be used within my curriculum.
- Implement necessary scaffolds and other instructional practices to help students achieve learning outcomes.
- Create lesson plans that encourage all students to engage in reading and writing.
This course is self-paced. After registering, you will have 1 month to complete the modules.
Meet the needs of all students!
Join this online, self-directed course, to learn more about reading and writing across the curriculum.