This course is aligned to the Effective School Framework Prioritized Lever 5 Essential Action 5.1: Objective-driven daily lesson plans with formative assessments.
When focused on teaching, preparing for and deciding between paper and online STAAR options can feel overwhelming. In this interactive workshop you will become familiar with the updated STAAR accessibility resources. You will learn about expanded student eligibility criteria, expanded allowability of technology tools, and how to meet the technology guidelines. Most important, you will learn how to integrate technology into your content area/s that complements the online accessibility resources, enhances your teaching, and addresses students' access to and progress in the general curriculum.
- Understand the STAAR Accessibility updates
- Explore STAAR Online Practice Tests and the embedded supports
- Discover tech tools that simulate STAAR embedded supports and choose the tech tools that are applicable to your content area and your students
- Practice using instructional/assistive technology tools
- Discuss classroom implementation strategies to ensure students have opportunities to use supports routinely, effectively and independently
- Understand the parameters of the 2018-19 Technology Guidelines and test security processes
- Familiarize yourself with the resources of Accommodation Central
Note: There will be a focus on the following Designated Supports:
- Basic Transcribing
- Oral Administration
- Spelling Assistance
- Content and Language Supports
- Calculation Aids