Using your Teaching Essentials Kit to Engage Students in Learning
This course is a companion resource for the Teaching Essentials Kit (not included). If you have not yet ordered the kit, here is a link: Teaching Essentials Kit. Once your kit arrives, you can dive into the online course!
The Teaching Essentials online course is set up to introduce you to your very own Teaching Essentials kit, a personal set of tools (see picture) designed to help the novice teacher, as well as the veteran teacher, improve student outcomes. By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand when to implement and how to use each tool in the Teaching Essentials Kit.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the value of each tool to help with classroom management, instruction, and organization.
- Interact with the tools to create highly engaging lessons full of best practices.
This online course takes a hands-on approach to show you how to use the tools included in your personal kit by:
- watching videos that look individually at each tool followed by modeling how they work together
- creating opportunities for you to utilize the tools to grasp their effectiveness
- work within your upcoming curriculum giving specific attention to high yield strategies that encourage scaffolding, practice, and engagement for ALL students