Presented by Ann Hoffman
Based on The Impact Cycle (2017) by Jim Knight, this workshop describes the coaching cycle proposed for instructional coaches. All teachers, schools, and classrooms face their own unique challenges. An established process for guiding the coaching experience ensures that instructional coaches have all of the tools they need to help teachers set and achieve their goals. The Impact Cycle–the product of 20 years of ICG research, (see instructionalcoaching.com/research)– provides a framework for any coaching scenario. Participants in this workshop will learn why the cycle is successful, and gain experience using it through examples and guided exercises. Participants will:
- Develop a process for establishing a clear picture of reality through the use of video
- Practice analyzing video to set goals
- Practice using the Partnership Principles to help teachers select appropriate strategies for improvement
- Establish methods for reviewing progress and improving the approach
Participants will receive a copy of The Impact Cycle and The Reflection Guide to The Impact Cycle.
*** Important Notes***
Because books are included in the registration fee and shipped prior to the workshop:
- Participants registered for the virtual session may not choose to attend the live session without significant notice.
- Participants who cancel or do not show will be billed the cost of the books plus shipping.
We will be cross referencing the Zoom participant list against E-Campus throughout the live session.
Districts will be billed for any unregistered participants who use the link provided to attend this workshop.