This training is the third of four trainings hosted by ESC Region 13 for Title I, Part A, Parent and Family Engagement. These hybrid meetings are focused on federal grant requirements and state requirements for Title I, Part A, Parent and Family Engagement (PFE).
The objectives of PFE (SY 23-24) Module 3 – Annual Title I Meeting & Evaluation of Parent and Family Engagement are:
- Identify the Title I meeting requirements under ESSA.
- Identify the importance of these meetings and the guiding principles for these meetings.
- Understand the components of the required agenda.
- Define meaningful consultation.
- Identify PFE evaluation requirements under ESSA.
- Understand ways to continually monitor the success of the PFE program.
- Explore resources focused on PFE.
Consider being prepared to participate in the discussion of the following questions:
- What does the phrase “meaningful consultation” mean?
- What are the requirements for Title I meetings?
- Why are Title I meetings important and valuable?
- What are the requirements for the evaluation of the PFE program?
- How successful have your Title I meetings been?
- How can we make them more effective?
Recommendation for who should attend from your LEA: We recommend you have a team attendance of the key stakeholders involved in Parent and Family Engagement at both your LEA/district level and your campus levels.