This training is the fourth of four trainings hosted by ESC Region 13 for Title I, Part A, Parent and Family Engagement. These hybrid meetings will be focused on federal grant requirements and state requirements for Title I, Part A, Parent and Family Engagement (PFE).
The objectives of PFE (SY 23-24) Module 4 – The Content and Cycle of the Written Parent and Family Engagement Policies (LEA and Campus/School Level) are:
- Know district and school-level PFE policy requirements.
- Identify district-level PFE policies that are compliant and fixes for ones not in compliance.
- Identify school-level PFE policies that are compliant and fixes for ones not in compliance.
- Know distribution and accessibility requirements under ESSA.
- Apply knowledge of requirements to your current policy.
- Identify differences between PFE policy and Family Engagement Plan.
- Review common monitoring trends and findings for PFE.
- Explore resources focused on PFE.
Consider being prepared to participate in the discussion of the following questions:
- What must be included in the LEA-level PFE policy?
- What must be included in the school-level PFE policy?
- What are the required compliance touch-points for the LEA and school-level PFE policies?
- How can we bring together PFE strategies with other relevant federal, state, and local laws and programs?
- What methods of distribution do you use?
- How can we improve our distribution of PFE information?
Recommendation for who should attend from your LEA: We recommend you have a team attendance of the key stakeholders involved in Parent and Family Engagement at both your LEA/district level and your campus levels.