Advancing Educational Leadership (AEL) is a 3-day training required for TTESS appraisers* in the state of Texas. The intent of the Advancing Educational Leadership Training is to:
- Develop the skills necessary for campus leaders to build and sustain positive, collaborative campus cultures focused on improving instruction and student performance.
- Provide practical and relevant examples from the field with a balance of research to allow instructional leaders to engage in the difficult decisions and challenges faced by the 21st-century school leader.
- Increase awareness and understanding of soft skills and how they enhance an individual’s interactions, career prospects, and job performance.
- To introduce and illustrate the AEL interlocking themes and interwoven strands as a basis for creating and sustaining impact schools.
This AEL training is for three audiences:
- Those pursuing principal certification in the state of Texas who are becoming certified in the TTESS appraiser process. For this audience, AEL is a co-requisite of the TTESS appraiser training.
- Those pursuing certification to become an AEL trainer. This 3-day training is a pre-requisite for the AEL Trainer of Trainer session.
- Current administrators who desire a refresher course on the concepts and skills of school leadership.
Note: Effective January 1, 2016, AEL replaced Instructional Leadership Development (ILD). ILD is no longer offered. *TTESS Appraisers must have completed ILD prior to January 1, 2016 or they must complete AEL.
Region 13 ESC can provide virtual training only for participants working and/or residing within Region 13 OR from districts that regularly use the ESC as their designated ESC due to proximity.