High-Quality Instructional Materials
High-Quality Instructional Materials (HQIM) are designed to directly support teachers in implementing Research-Based Instructional Strategies (RBIS). HQIM are aligned to evidence-based strategies in relevant content areas and support all learners, including students with disabilities, emergent bilingual students, and students identified as gifted and talented. HQIM enable frequent progress monitoring through embedded and aligned assessments and include implementation support from ESC Region 13 experts.
What are HQIM?
HQIM are curricular resources that:
- Ensure full coverage of Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
- Are aligned to evidence-based best practices in the relevant content areas of RLA, math, science, and social studies.
- Support all learners, including students with disabilities, English Learners, and students identified as gifted and talented.
- Enable frequent progress monitoring through embedded and aligned assessments.
- Include implementation support for teachers.
- Provide teacher and student-facing lesson-level materials.
Why are HQIM important?
HQIM allow students to engage more deeply and meaningfully with the Texas standards and support teachers in ensuring all students have access to high-quality and rigorous grade-level content. Student outcomes improve when they have greater access to:
- Grade-appropriate assignments
- Strong instruction
- Deep engagement; and
- Teachers with high expectations
HQIM provide teachers with a foundational resource that ensure all students will have access to rigorous, grade-level content.