Throughout this course, you will explore a variety of topics related to teaching a whole-class novel, such as selecting appropriate texts, planning lessons and activities, facilitating class discussions, and assessing student learning.
This course will address the following:
- Understanding the benefits of teaching a whole-class novel.
- The importance of selecting the right novel for your classroom.
- Pre-reading, During-reading, and Post-reading strategies
- Structured integration of a whole-class novel into the reading/writing workshop model of instruction.
- Assessment strategies
- Reflection and evaluation
By the end of the course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of how to successfully teach a whole-class novel in your secondary ELA classroom and feel confident in your ability to create an engaging and meaningful learning experience for your students.