ESC Region 13’s Principal Certification Network (PCN) Testing Only
This service is offered to candidates classified as a "finisher" from a previous program because they have completed all program requirements with the exception of passing the TExES (268) and/or PASL (368).
A finisher (TEA term regarding a candidate who has finished all program pieces except state-mandated testing requirements) may be admitted at the same admission deadline and date of any of the three annual cohorts, although they will not be responsible for completing the same program requirements or timeline as that cohort.
- January Launch: Same year TExES (268) Spring completion, same year PASL (368) Fall submission completion
- October Launch: Same year TExES (268) Fall completion, Following year PASL (368) Spring submission completion
- June Launch: Same year TExES (268) Fall completion, same year PASL (368) Fall submission
- $100 application fee
- $300 registration fee (waived if Region 13 ESC EPP alumni)
- $2500 program fees (paid in full within 30 days of admission or 5 payments/$500 beginning second month enrolled
- If candidate is dismissed or withdraws at any time during the program period, they are responsible for a minimum of $1000 program fees.
• A $500 extension fee will be applied if a candidate does not meet all completion requirements by
program required deadline immediately upon extension launch and again upon each new semester of extension needed.
Ready to Start Your Principal Certification Journey?
A finisher may be admitted if they meet regular PCN EPP admission requirements and supply documentation of completing all principal preparation requirements except testing requirements not met and status of good standing upon exit as a finisher from their previous program.
Online Application Steps:
- Complete your online application; you will be prompted to pay the $100 application fee at the end.
- Submit supplemental application pieces:
- Request your prior program to complete this document verifying you are a Finisher with them. Submit this document once completed by program.
- Official Master's Transcripts (min. 3.0 GPA required)
- Most recent educator evaluation
- Valid classroom teaching certificate
- Service record (from Human Resources) showing proof of a minimum of 2 years of classroom teaching experience (see FAQ for more information on this)
- Resume including leadership experience
- recommendation forms
- Participate in a 45-minute Zoom interview. PCN staff will contact you to schedule this at the appropriate time.
Please submit all required documents to:
Educator Evaluation and Leadership
Education Service Center, Region 13
5701 Springdale Road
Austin, TX 78723
Official Master's transcripts must be unopened and may be sent directly via mail from the University via regular mail or electronic access to the firstname.lastname@example.org email.
The application will not be processed until we have received all of the above-listed items and your application fee has been paid.
- Monthly 30-minute check-ins with assigned leadership coach
- PASL Launch Canvas course to support understanding and launch of PASL work
- PASL (368) coaching support with assigned leadership support
- Structured plan of TExES (268) test preparation steps including but not limited to:
- Reading of key textbooks aligned with the exam content
- Leadership Ready online course
- Attendance to at least one of two (268) live Zoom prep workshops
- Online Pearson (268) selected-response practice
- Feedback on constructed response practice provided within online Pearson (268) preparation resources
- Pearson Online Practice Exam
- If needed, in-person representative exam at Region 13 ESC
- You may be required to pay for the cost of a monthly subscription to 240 Tutorial if you are not meeting mastery levels by second practice exam provided by EPP.
Note: Region 13 ESC may require additional coursework or training before giving approval to take the exam if the exams have changed or it has been more than 5 years. This additional coursework requirement will include an additional program fee.
19 TAC 228.40(d): An EPP may make test approval contingent on a candidate completing additional coursework and/or training to show that the candidate is prepared to pass the test if the candidate is seeking test approval from the EPP in an area where the standards and/or test changed since the candidate completed the EPP or if the candidate has returned to the EPP for test approval five or more years following the academic year of completion.