Migrant Employment Survey

For over 50 years the USDE Office of Migrant Education has provided funds for supplemental academic and support services to the children of families who migrate to find work in the agricultural and fishing industries.

To be eligible for classification as a migrant student, a child must have a parent, spouse, or guardian who is a migratory agricultural worker or migratory fisher, and has moved from one school district to another. In states that are comprised of a single school district, they must have moved from one school administrative area to another within that district.

The Migrant Education Program Survey is a quick and downloadable form campuses and districts can use to identify migrant families and help connect them to the special services they need.