This full-day in-person training is designed to support an understanding of the graduation requirements for students under the Foundation High School Program with a focus on students who are receiving special education services.
Participants will review these topics and more as part of this training:
- Curriculum and assessment requirements to include a review of various sections of Chapter 74 of the Texas Administrative Code where graduation requirements are denoted;
- A review of Rule §89.1070 within Chapter 89 of the Texas Administrative Code and the Commissioner's Rules Concerning Special Education Services and Graduation Requirements;
- A look at options for ARD Committees to consider to include substitutions or exemptions to specific graduation requirements;
- TSDS/PEIMS and the Graduation Type Code;
- Transcript (AAR) and the Personal Graduation Plan; and
- College, Career, and Military Readiness (CCMR) and how students receiving special education services may demonstrate college, career, or military readiness
If possible, it is recommended that a team of personnel from your district or campus (such as a registrar, counselor, and special education leader) attend this training to support your discussion of local procedures for graduation documentation.
Contact Chris Nelson for a group discount on registration fees for a district/campus who is looking to sign up more than one attendee from their district/campus for this training.