Our coaches partner with individual teachers or teams to provide coherent guidance while planning for instruction and formative assessment. We utilize the Understanding By Design (UBD) planning model for a structured and collaborative use of data to inform instruction and embed research-based practices. Our goal is to support and build teacher capacity in sustainable organizational routines.
Our coaches will collaborate with your teachers to:
- Set intentions for learning and collaboration.
- Review curriculum documents to determine current understandings.
- Analyze student data & determine current reality.
- Identify focus standards.
- Unpack focus standards to calibrate understandings.
(Depth of UBD Planning)
- Identify and/or create student progress measures (evidence of learning).
- Identify and/or create conceptual questions.
- Identify and/or create pacing guide or learning progression.
- Identify & vet or create resources and instructional materials.
- Identify and discuss instructional strategies and delivery.
- Create structured lesson plans that reflect collaborative plan.
Create your content area plan
Reach out to our specialists to get support in building your custom content area instructional plan.